Things to do while stuck inside during Coronavirus Pandemic
With the outbreak of COVID-19 in India, there is a lot of hush going on.
All social events are postponed, schools and colleges are closed, theatres and malls are having a shutdown, and tourist hot spots are shut down. People are advised to stay home in the time of this global pandemic. You are right, it is advised that you Self-Quarantine.
Although remaining inside is a good way to protect yourself and others from the coronavirus, and is an important measure to help flatten the curve of daily cases that put pressure on our health care system, it could lead to a lesser evil: boredom and stir craziness.
What's there to do while stuck indoors? We've compiled a few suggestions to help make your time quarantined as interesting – and perhaps even as productive – as possible.
- Spend time talking to your family and not texting them about their whereabouts.
- Tired of cooking? Order online from the most hygienic restaurants
- Want to wish someone for a birthday but cannot leave home? Order a cake and some beautiful flowers from Flowers N Emotions and surprise them.
- Clean the closet which is long pending.
- Try baking bread at home with the available supplies.
- Solve a puzzle. The more pieces the better. Feeling extra bored? Get hold of a Rubik’s cube. More of a word person? Get on with the Scrabble.
- Take up a hobby at home. Start painting, sketching if you like. Practice the old musical instrument lying home if it won’t bother your neighbors.
- Write actual letters to family and friends. After that? Write Thank-You notes to your maids and house help.
- Make greeting cards- Thank You cards, Birthday Cards, Sorry cards. Be prepared with anyone when needed.
- Watch the real long movies which you wished to watch earlier but did not have the time.
- Get fir. Start exercising at home. Even yoga would help.
- Look at pictures of puppies and babies.
- Pamper yourself to skincare at home. Get the home facial done or use the face mask you bought but never got a chance to use it.
- Watch the tutorials you missed to watch on YouTube. Upgrade yourself.
- Read the Tinkle Digest piled up on your bookshelf.
- Introspect the goals that you set and what you have achieved.
- Unclutter your phone and your laptop. Delete the pictures and videos that you do not require.
- Learn how to brew a perfect coffee.
- Try your perfect Grandma’s recipe for gajar ka halwa.
- Learn bottle painting through YouTube tutorials.
- Learn a new style of dance
- Rearrange your furniture to make it look like your home is a different space altogether.
- Sleep. Get lots of it.