Making flower arrangements is an activity that you should enjoy to the fullest as it can be a relaxing and enjoying. Plus the most significant advantage is that there isn't any age limit when it comes to flower arrangements. These days most websites that are around have taken this far too seriously. We wanted to discuss with you the most common mistakes people make and how to best avoid them. First things first, keep this light-hearted and try to avoid getting too serious about flower arranging as it is a fun activity and is meant to relax and calm you.
The health of the flowers that you select for the arrangements is an essential factor to consider. If you begin with flowers that are not in good shape you are sure to end up with a droopy looking arrangement. The key elements to look for in a healthy flower are healthy foliage, unbroken stems and looking generally attractive.
Each flower have different meanings. So choosing the right flowers for the right moment is another crucial thing that you need to keep in mind. More is not always better! You should keep the arrangement to the minimum and try not to overwhelm the receiver, too much colour or flowers look cluttered and unappealing.
It is a common misconception that flower arrangements are about colours wrappings and some random flowers were thrown together at a moment's notice. This is apparently not the case, but it can still be a straightforward and simple process if you just avoid the following pitfalls and common mistakes outlined below:
- Pushing in too many varieties of flowers, this gives the feel of decoration and not an emotional expression.
- Have all the flowers in full bloom or just buds, and you actually want to avoid the cluttered effect that occurs when all the flowers are in full bloom.
- Starve the flowers, if their stems can't reach the water, they can't drink and will dry up soon.
- Start with something big and monumental. Always start small and basic, keep improving upon that.
- Use more flowers then you need. You don't need to overwhelm the other person with a bazillion flowers for no reason.
It is a well-known fact that you inevitably project your mood into your arrangement. So, be happy and enjoy yourself and this will shine through in the way your arrangement comes together.
So before you start on your next flower arrangement stop and consider somewhat emotion you want to convey and then make sure to avoid the mistake that we mentioned above. If you would like to gift your loved one a flower arrangement or a flower bouquet and don't have the time to do it yourself, then have a look at some of the fascinating and breathtaking arrangements that we deliver to your doorstep with flower delivery.